'99 in the News
- CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR CLASSMATES SELECTED FOR O-6. Classmates, congrats on reaching this milestone. You have been rewarded for your commitment, loyalty and hard work. This is well deserved and we are proud of the way you carry the torch. Thank you for your service and for maintaining the watch. Below are the active duty and reserve O-6 lists released on 22 APR 20 and the staff corps O-6 list from 13 MAY 20.
- The Ace of Amazon Air: Sarah Rhoads is the Air Cargo Executive of the Year... Today, after a successful career as a pilot and flight instructor for the U.S. Navy’s carrier-based F/A-18 aircraft, Rhoads is no longer busting sound barriers, but she is still breaking things – like the conventions of the e-commerce air markets...
- Hartford Presented 2017 Cup Battenberg Cup Award; Recognized as Best Ship in the Atlantic Fleet... USS Hartford (SSN 768), was presented the 2017 Battenberg Cup Award in a pier-side ceremony at Naval Submarine Base New London, Oct. 20... Vice Adm. Chas Richard, Commander, Submarine Forces...presented the award to Hartford’s Commanding Officer, Cmdr. Matthew Fanning, and his crew.
- Navy Announces 2018 Stockdale Award Recipients... WASHINGTON (NNS) -- Navy announced the two 2018 Vice Admiral James Bond Stockdale Leadership Award recipients in NAVADMIN 216/18... Cmdr. Michael T. Lisa, former commanding officer of Electronic Attack Squadron (VAQ) 135, is the Pacific Fleet recipient and Cmdr. Allen M. Siegrist, commanding officer of USS James E. Williams (DDG 95), is the Fleet Forces recipient.
- NASA selects 9 astronauts for first crewed Boeing, SpaceX missions... Nicole Aunapu Mann (will fly) on the first crewed test flight of Starliner, which is currently projected to take place in mid-2019. It will mark Mann's first trip to space.
Shipmate Submission Deadlines